Wednesday, October 1, 2008

ACL Festival

It was go go go the second I got back into the states since ACL festival started the next day. (Austin City Limits music fest) Taylor and some of her friends came up and we went all three days....whew...still recovering. The heat wasn't near as bad as the first year we went when it was 108 degrees out (end of Sept?!) But, it was still hot during the day. The lineup was great this year and the 3 day pass was worth it to me just to see my favorite- Neko Case. In case you can't tell by all the songs of hers I have playing below on the website, she is one of my all time favorites :) Our other favorites were John Fogherty, who actually played some old CCR songs. Band of Horses, CSS, Tegan & Sara (another recent fav), G. Love, Mates of State, Robert Plant, The Raconteurs, Robert Earl Keen, Blues Traveler, Slightly Stoopid...sooo many good bands!

And, no, I didn't take this aerial shot from my private helicopter. I just found this pic online and thought it was cool to show how awesome Zilker Park is with the Austin skyline in the background. It was way more packed than this on Saturday and Sunday.

I went into hibernation mode Monday after being at the festival all weekend and still recovering from jet lag. But, I'm back to normal now and in the process of uploading all my trip pictures to post....stay tuned!