Tuesday, February 5, 2008

The Joy of Photoshop

The more I learn from my awesome photographer friends whose work inspires me to learn everything I can about photography, the more I've learned how Photoshop can do wonders on any digital image post- production. So, now, on top of learning all I can about exposure, metering, light, etc, Photoshop is on my list of projects. What a program! It is very high-tech and even though it is used by all professional photographers there are some pretty basic actions I'm learning that can make a huge difference in any photo. I took this digital picture we took while diving in Akumal several years ago and chose it since it had so many great colors. We really love our underwater case for taking shots while diving. With just a few simple actions and tweaking I was able to make the picture even better and the colors more vibrant. Looking at these pictures gets me excited for our diving trip we have planned to Belize in May.

before editing
after